Wednesday, February 09, 2005

run faster!


on sunday i ran 13.1 miles faster than i ever have before. it took me 1:36:50, although my official time was 1:37:22 since it took me about 30 seconds to cross the start after the gun went off.




it was the first race i've run where i felt like i did everything right: trained properly, tapered pretty well, and most importantly, paced myself properly during the race so that i still had a little juice left for the small hill right before the finish.




on top of all that the weather was absolutely gorgeous; cool and sunny with a slight breeze, about all i could have asked for.




and now i'm getting sick. soon after lunch i started feeling that horrible little tickle in the back of my throat and nose, so i know it's coming.
the timing is crappy too; i have to get a new website for work built and ready to go by friday, and i don't get the design until tomorrow morning. ugh


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home