Monday, January 31, 2005

yiggity yo


went running on saturday down at crystal springs, which is my favorite paved run in the area (6 miles out and back along a resevoir). the weather was perfect, cool and sunny with no breeze.



it was my last big run before the kaiser permanente 1/2 marathon next sunday, so i figured i'd see what i had in me.



i ran hard, but didn't really start to hurt until the last mile and a half and ended up beating my pr for that course by about 35 seconds. that's not a lot, but it's pretty early in the season and i don't feel like i've really been training all that much, so i'm pretty happy with that time (i averaged 7:25/mile over 12 miles).



i got a new (to me) camera a little while ago. i'd been looking for a used digital elph for a while, and finally found one on craigslist for $100.00. it's only 1 megapixel, but i'm not planning to print anything out, so i think it'll be fine for the time being. it's small enough that i can carry it just about everywhere with me, so my goal is to take more pictures.




window next to delfina on 18th st.



on sunday i went for a ride around the city it's a route i did whan i first started riding last year, and it used to just destroy me. there are a few hills in it, but nothing too monstrous, and the views can't be beat.




my around-town fixie. the frame is from the first 'real' bike i ever bought; a performance strada.



this time i did it on my riding-around-town fixed-gear, which probably weighs in at a solid 23 pounds or so, and i was able to do the whole ride without dying, which made me happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home