Wednesday, June 16, 2004

data pr0n and pills


i just got the results back from some blood work my doctor had done, and everything looks really good except for my hematocrit, which is not too surprising given my diet.





















































measurement my numbers units normal
blood pressure 100/70   < 120/80
hemoglobin 13.4 g/dL 13.5 - 17.7
hematocrit 38.5 % 40.0 - 52.0
total cholesterol 138 mg/dL < 200
triglyceride 59 mg/dL < 150
hdl 56 mg/dL > 40
ldl 70 mg/dL < 130




it's a bit of a bummer though, because hematocrit levels affect athletic performance, and while it's not currently an issue for me, it might be in the future. so i've started taking iron supplements and a multi-vitamin to try to bring my level back up.



food is good



speaking of diet, i think that this is my favorite time of year, at least as it relates to food; it's fresh fruit and vegetable season, and i'm going a little nuts. peaches, melons, berries, cherries, apricots, peas, spinach, asparagus, zucchini, and my absolute favorite; fresh figs!



i have been gorging myself on all of it, mostly raw, but with the occasional stir-fry with plenty of fresh garlic and ginger, and it's making me pretty happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home