Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Ellsworth Truth


Ellsworth Truth
Originally uploaded by dolface
I got a new bike (again).

It's an Ellsworth Truth with mostly SRAM X.0 components, and Ellsworth XC wheels. It's a lot of bike, and while I've only taken it on one real ride, so far I love it.

I'd sort of been thinking about getting a full-suspension bike for a while since they're really nice for longer races, but didn't have a compelling reason to spend that much money (fancy full-suspension bikes generally go for something north of $5k).

Two things happened: Jen asked if I wanted to do the Trans Rockies Challenge with her, and Ellsworth offered a pretty amazing deal to some of the adventure racers out here.

There are plenty of people who do the TRC on hardtails, but they're MTB racers and I'm not, plus, this was the perfect excuse to get a full-suspension. I NEEDED it for race .

Ellsworth's deal clinched it for me , so I jumped.

As a result, I'll be flying up to Calgary on August 9th, and spending 7 days zig-zagging back and forth across the spine of the Rockies on my new bike, doing my best to live up to it's potential.

It's gonna hurt.

2 Comments:

At 11:28 PM, Blogger Manduca said...

hey - the race sounds awesome. congrats on the bike. (watching blue planet; leaving for vacay friday for 1 week)

 
At 7:43 AM, Blogger Kenny said...

Woohoo Truth! Have fun! Cant wait to see pics of the TRC!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home