Friday, May 25, 2007

bikes come in, bikes go out

There have been changes in gang of bikes that I ride and maintain: (I'm sure you're fascinated) the road bike (a 2004 Masi, a Taiwanese TIG-welded Reynolds 853 frame with Ultegra components) has been upgraded to this:

IMG_1742

It's a 2006 Trek Madone 5.9 SL with mostly Dura Ace components that I built myself, including the wheels.

It rides like a rocket, and is lighter than either of my track bikes. (Click pics for more).

The mountain bike (my beloved Trek Pro-Issue carbon hardtail, details here) has also been replaced. It was broken in transportation from the finish of the Baja Travesia.

After much hassle and thrashing around the race directors paid for a new frame out of their own pocktets, and here is the result:

IMG_1849

Trek 9.9 Elite carbon hardtail, Cane Creek wheels, Rockshox SID Team fork, carbon FSA Team cranks, Magura Marta disc brakes, and SRAM X.9 shifters and drive train.

It's heavier than my old bike due to the brakes, but it rides like a rocket, and other than the fact that I hate the color it's a great bike so far.

As a result of all this, I find myself in possession of two bikes that are each worth more than my car.

I kinda like that.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home