Tuesday, September 28, 2004

sorta back


so, i'm back, as i said, from vacation. things are crazy with work,
and my time feels rushed and hectic, but i'm slowly getting a handle
on things.



on saturday i ran the mt. diablo 25k, which was hard.


it's 4500 vertical feet of some of the steepest fire roads and trails
i have ever seen, and the descent was way worse than the ascent.



that being said, i was happy with how i did; no cramping, no falls, i
think i paced myself pretty well, and i finished 15th out 101
competitors (men and women).


i finished ahead of the first-place woman
and only one guy my age -- or younger -- finished ahead of me. it's
nice that my running continues to improve.




this is me about 1/2 a mile from the finish. i was walking about 2 seconds before the picture was taken, and again about 5 seconds after. god forbid i should be photographed walking though!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home